CAS have exchange arrangements with 3 other fishing clubs.
You can fish these other waters on production of your membership book to Jack Frost Tackle, Crawley, or The Tackle Warehouse, Crawley, on a loan basis, and applications must be made during shop hours only. permit to the other waters is returned. Access to the following waters is available by CAS members:
Remember we are guests on these waters. If requested to show your exchange book by any of the clubs officers, you must do this on request. Failure to abide by their rules or any infringement of the fishing rights will result in a suspension of your membership and may result in a complete ban (check with club secretary as more exchange venues may be available).
- Henfield Angling 8 tickets
- Leatherhead 6 tickets
- Petworth Angling 4 tickets
PLEASE CONTACT JACK FROST TACKLE (01293 521186) OR THE TACKLE WARE- HOUSE (01293 550907) FOR DETAILS OF THESE WATERS. FISHING IS FREE TO MEMBERS OF CRAWLEY
Stanbridge View Fishery
– RH17 5JS (8miles, 12 minutes from Crawley).
Directions: From Crawley take the A23 towards Brighton and take the slip road signposted Warninglid/Cuckfield. Turn right over the flyover along Cuckfield Lane and shortly after turn into Nursery Lane on the right. Carry on along Nursery Lane, keeping to the left at the roundabout. After a couple of hundred yards you will see the fishery on the left.
Rules: The lake is a mixed fishery and has a reputation for producing some excellent all year round sport. It is a match favourite so if you want to fish weekends or one of the six Wednesday match days you will need to phone Andy Holder on 01444 461237 or Ian Knight on 07727 112625 to see if the lake is free. Please make sure you have read and agree to abide by the fishery rules posted on site. You can only use the fishery keepnets and landing nets so contact Andy on arrival. Rule breakers will be banned, not only from this fishery but CAS also.
Barnes Court Fishery
– RH10 4HQ (7 miles 20 minutes from Crawley)
Directions: Take the main road from Crawley to East Grinstead (A2011) until the Dukes Head roundabout and turn right onto Turners Hill road. After a few hundred yards, on the right, you will see a small industrial estate where Mad World Fancy Dress is sited. Carefully drive straight ahead for 100 yards where you will see the car park and fishery.
Barns court Fishery is a 3 lake day ticket fishery. A good variety of species present for those that like a challenge and beginners a like. With the high stocking density of Perch to 3lb, carp upto 24lb tench over 4lb and Rudd that top 2lb present the lakes are perfect for those that want a action packed days fishing and those that are perhaps new to the sport…
- All anglers to have a valid EA fishing license no license no fishing
- Fishing is from dawn to dusk but night fishing can be booked in advance with a charge of £10 per 24 hours entitling you to use two rods.
- Barbless hooks only
- No keepnets – only to be used in organised matches
- Night fishing only by arrangement, £10 surcharge for 24hrs per angler fishing upto 2 rods
- No litter to be left of any kind…any one found leaving their rubbish behind will be instantly banned
- All fish to be returned to the lake they have been caught from…
- Banned baits.. no nuts, no chick peas, groundbait to be used in moderation.#
For further details view the fishery Facebook page.
Remember to read and abide by the fishery rules. Rules breakers will be banned, not only from the fishery but CAS also.
– RH10 4LP (vicinity only) 9 Miles, 24 minutes from Crawley.
Directions: From Crawley take the A2011 towards East Grinstead. At the Dukes Head roundabout turn right into Turners Hill Road. After a couple of miles turn left into Sandy Lane. At the end turn left into Hophurst Lane and carry on for a couple of miles (where it becomes Felbridge Road). On the left, by a bend in the road you will see the gate to Readers Lake with a CAS sign attached. Extra care is needed when entering or leaving the lake entrance from the road.
- The lake is closed from 31st March to 31st May inclusive.
- You must possess a valid EA Rod licence and current CAS membership book which must be produced when requested by an official.
- No litter to be left at the venue.
- No dogs or radios allowed and please consider other members when using a mobile phone.
- Camping and the lighting of fires are not permitted.
- Entrance to the lake is by a locked gate on Hophurst Hill. The gate must be kept locked at all times.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas only.
- Fishing allowed from numbered swims only.
- No angler shall occupy more than one swim or fish beyond the confines of the swim or cause annoyance to other members or leave unattended any rod that has been cast out with the intention of catching fish.
- Anglers may have a maximum of two rods in use at any one time.
- Night fishing, i.e before dawn or after dusk is not permitted. Between 1st June and 30th September inclusive each year keepnets shall not be used except for matches when two keepnets shall be used,one for carp and one for all other species. At other times of the year one keepnet may be used for both match and pleasure angling.
- The use of barbed or micro-barbed hooks is NOT permitted. The use of braid as a mainline or hooklength is NOT permitted. Any official notice posted on notice boards must be adhered to. No beer or any tin cans allowed.
- Boilies are not allowed.
Rule breakers will be banned, not only from the fishery but CAS also.
We are pleased to announce that the club now has an arrangement with Hunters Lodge Fishery, whereby members can fish the various lakes on Monday – Fridays only for half the day ticket price currently at £10.00 (£5.00 to our members). And access to the specimen lake at the normal day ticket price, however a joining fee is required please contact the owner Paul for details on 07812 073435.
Hunters Lodge Day ticket fishery consists of two 1.75 acre lakes. Set in stunning scenery deep in the Sussex woodlands between Crawley and East Grinstead.
The lakes offer attractive features and islands with depths of up to 9ft. Both lakes have specimen Carp, Golden Orff, Tench, Perch Rudd, Pike and Catfish however the specimen lake boasts carp to over 42lb and Cats even larger
Eastbourne Road Felbridge RH7 6HL Tel 01342 324006
CAS members weekdays only (see fishery website for rules) Upon arrival report to the onsite bailiff to confirm which of the lakes you may fish using your current CAS book.
Tanyards Lane Furners Green Uckfield TN22 3RL Tel 07793 654174
CAS members may fish at this venue on production of a current membership book.
Upon arrival report to the onsite bailiff for rules and regulations (also available on the fishery website).
More House Farm Fishery
Ditchling Road, Wivelsfield Green, East Sussex, RH17 7RE
- Fishing rights will be available 363 days a year (Fishery closed Christmas and Boxing Day).
- Fishing rights are not subject to closed season, but may be closed temporarily for fish spawning.
- Kingfisher Lake is included in this agreement from Monday 6am to Friday 7pm.
- All anglers will have to pay half price to fish on Kingfisher Lake and will need to book in advance. Friday 7pm to Monday 6am will be full price.
- No charge to fish Sidewinder and Canal lakes to any Crawley Angling Club member.
- This agreement does NOT include Dogwood and Oaks Lakes, these lakes are charged at full cost and will need MHFF membership.
- More House Farm Fishery have the same power as Crawley Angling Society Bailiffs, asking any Crawley Angling Society member to leave the fishery if found breaching More House Farm Fishery rules and report offences and member to Crawley Angling Society